InConcert is an innovative collaboration between musicians, composer and school music program to engage students in the creative process, foster creativity, inspire interest in new music and broaden the understanding of chamber music and the composition process.
The core of InConcert is the commissioning of a new piece to be performed by the Cochran Wrenn Duo with the Marlborough High School Wind Ensemble. Composer Cody Forrest will gather student input to influence the process of creating the composition, lead discussions about the composition process with the students, participate in the multimedia blog, participate in rehearsals with the wind ensemble, and attend the premiere.
- commissioning a composer to write a concertino for flute, guitar and band
- student input into the composition
- in-school workshops with music students
- a multimedia blog documenting the project
- community chamber music concerts by the Cochran Wrenn Duo
- Musical Story Times with K-1 students
- Rehearsals & performance of new composition with MHS Wind Ensemble
Click here to learn how you can support InConcert.
This program is supported in part by a grant from the Marlborough Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the Mass Cultural Council, a state agency.